With National Good Neighbor Day coming up on Saturday, do you believe you exemplify everything it takes to be a wonderful neighbor? If you are respectful of the boundaries between the yards, each others’ homes, and have open communication, then this a great start. Being a good neighbor involves many different aspects, including safety.
Wondering how you can strengthen the relationship between your family and that of your neighbors’? Here are some tips you can use to become the best neighbor on the block:
- If you are new to the area of noticed a moving truck in front of the house down the street, don’t hesitate to introduce yourself around. This can leave a good first impression.
- Respect the privacy of your neighbors, no matter how close or far they are.
- Never gossip about anyone, because in a small, tight knit community, word travels fast.
- Get to know your neighbors and their families. Set up a dinner, play date, or dog walk together so you can make some new friends and even emergency contacts.
- If you have pets that go outside, make sure to train them properly. Keep them only in your yard and if they go to the bathroom on the neighbor’s property, always clean it up.
- If you are planning your own party, give your neighbors plenty of notice so they are aware of a noise level change. Also provide them with contact information in case your event gets a little rowdy.
- If you enjoy burning outdoor fires, make sure to position the blaze so the smoke and smell blows away from your neighbor’s property.
- Keep your yard maintained by mowing, weed-whacking, and gardening. You don’t want unruly plants to grow a life of their own on your neighbor’s house.
- If you have outdoor lighting for security, make sure it doesn’t shine too brightly into your neighbor’s house.
At David Dunham Insurance, we hope these tips help you become the best neighbor possible. Keep in mind that the decisions you make about your home will affect your neighbors in some way. Being conscious of what goes on at home can help you evaluate your need for high value home insurance. This unique form of protection is separate from a general homeowners insurance policy. It can cover instances relating to property damage and liability. Let our team create a custom experience for you and cater to all of your residential properties in the state.